Lakeside Science & Technology Park»One and One is Eleven«
Together we are stronger.
That’s why you will find the German sentence ‘Eins und Eins ist Elf’ [one and one is eleven] at the Lakeside Park.
Science and technology parks in Carinthia are specialisation hubs. The companies situated at the Lakeside Science & Technology Park love the short routes to just about anywhere, the great infrastructure, interesting neighbourhoods and efficiency. Even the management is efficient since the Lakeside Science & Technology Park in Klagenfurt and the HighTech Campus Villach are managed by the same team.
Companies in the science & technology park
In general, the focal areas of the companies operating in the Lakeside Park can be grouped as follows:
- Information systems
- Mobility and transport
- Environment and energy
- Consulting and services
Research Laboratories & Further Education Institutions
- Lakeside Labs: The basic research conducted at the Lakeside Labs includes autonomous, self-organised systems. Another key research area is wireless sensor networks.
- Institute of Networked and Embedded Systems (NES): An institute of the Faculty of Technical Sciences at the University of Klagenfurt.
- The Institute for Robotics and Mechatronics is one of the Joanneum Research Institutes.
- The Austrian Institute of Technology GmbH (AIT): The key research areas of the AIT in Klagenfurt are digital safety & security and optical quantum technologies.
- The NAWImix: A natural science-themed teaching garden for teachers and students of the University College of Teacher Education in Carinthia.
More information: Lakeside Science & Technology Park
Flickr Fotostream vom Park
Founding year: 2002 in Klagenfurt am Wörthersee
Building space: 47.700 m2
Premises: 246,000 m2
Occupancy rate: 99 percent
BABEG's share: 66,67 percent